Elisabeth spent her childhood in Sandsend and later studied pottery at Scarborough Technical College. She set up and ran her own workshop as part of the Grosmont Gallery from 1978 to 1982. Elisabeth then lived in Whitby and had a studio in White Horse Yard from 1982 to 1996.
She makes functional wheel thrown ware using a red clay body fired to 1100 degrees centigrade in an electric kiln. The work is decorated in overlapping layers of glaze, patterns are applied with hot wax or scratched through the glaze surface to reveal the red body.
It is important for Elisabeth that her work is noted for its quality and simplicity yet remains affordable.
Her current home and workshop is in Tinley Garth, Kirkbymoorside. Elisabeth is a member of the Northern Potters Association and the Brigantia Craft Group.